Your Path to Leadership Starts Here.
The District 6 Leadership program is designed to help you uncover your most effective leadership style, with established strategies and innovative approaches. Learn what it takes to be a leader, motivate others, and to move your career and organization forward. This program will help you evolve from a participant to a leader in your organization. You’ll be able to identify your own leadership style and will learn how to use these skills to engage in your Association at a local and state level. This is a true career decision to grow personally, learn to lead, and build alliances with other focused professionals.
Investing just 22 hours in this program will deliver an outstanding return on your investment. You will join a select group of leaders in District 6 that have gone on to lead and mentor others in their career development. Sign up today to grow professionally through the District 6 Leadership Institute!
- Interactive learning via seminars, guest speakers, industry experts, group discussions and leadership exercises
- Understanding who you are as a leader and being able to identify what others bring to the table
- Learn how to use your leadership skills in multiple facets of your life
- Meet and form relationships with other leaders in your class, and our alumni
- Opportunities to share best practices and learn from other leaders
- Graduation event at the Florida Realtors® Convention in August
- Upon graduating, you become part of the District 6 Leadership Institute Alumni network, with your own private Facebook Group, networking, education and community service opportunities!
- What may be one of the best experiences of your career!
Hear what some past D6 Graduates have to say about the Institute?
FEBRUARY 6 @ WEST PASCO BOARD OF REALTORS (8:30am – 4:30pm)
• Knowing Yourself as a Leader through DISC assessment
• The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
• How to Have a Great Meeting – parliamentary procedure
March 19 Working with Local Legislative Leaders (Bus trip)
• Visit 2 Local City Council Meetings
• Lunch with Rep
APRIL 9 @ Greater Tampa REALTORS (8:30am – 4:30pm)
• RLP 200 & RLP 300 with Bruce Aydt (D6 Alumni are invited back to take these classes!)
• Barry Grooms, Florida Realtors President, on FR governance structure and volunteer opportunities
JUNE 18 @ Pinellas REALTOR® Organization REALTORS (10:00am – 6:00pm)
• Mark Middleton – Social Media Mastermind
• 2020 Florida Realtors Leadership Team
• Q&A with Florida Realtors Leadership Team 2021 Candidates
• Elected Officials Q&A and reception
AUGUST 26 – GRADUATION @ FR CONVENTION IN ORLANDO (4:30 – 6:30pm)
• Association Execs panel – local volunteer opportunities
• D6 Leadership Institute Hall of Fame Award in Honor of Vernon Taylor presentation
• Class of 2019 Graduation!
2020 D6 Leadership Institute Gold Sponsors: TBD
What are the requirements to participate in and graduate from the Leadership Institute?
* You must be a member of a Realtor Association in good standing, with no pending disciplinary action pending against you.
* The program is targeted to Realtor and Affiliate members of the District 6 Associations, but Realtor members from other Associations are also invited to apply.
* Realtors must have an active Real Estate license
* Affiliate members can apply
* Submit the online application. Applications must be received by 5:00pm on Thursday, January 30th, 2020.
* Attendance at the February, April and June sessions is required for satisfactory completion of the program and to become a graduate. If you miss more than one session, you will be asked to withdraw and reapply when you are able to make the commitment.
Have questions about the Leadership Institute? Contact us!
Angela Emerson, District 6 Staff Support
email@example.com or 727.216.3007